ELITE XT Extended Release protein is designed to be the ultimate muscle fuel and workout recovery formula. Knowing that protein helps repair muscles and fuels the body throughout the day, Dymatize wanted to develop a product that took recovery to the next level, one that would revolutionize the protein category. After a battery of tests and trials, Dymatize developed a protein absorption timing system that we call Sustained Muscle Saturation Technology (SMST). How does SMST work? Different proteins have different chemical compositions and different rates at which they can be assimilated by the body. By developing an absorption “timeline” of the highest quality proteins, we were able to create the basis of the ELITE XT
To develop Dymatize ELITE XT, every facet of protein usage was analyzed. Nitrogen retention, absorption, as well as several other factors including specific amino acid profiles were examined. Some of these additional factors include:
1. Rate of Absorption (RA): The rate each different protein source releases its amino acids.
2. Protein Digestibility Correct Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS): An evaluation “best method” used by the FDA and FAO/WHO, which uses nitrogen absorption and amino acid profile to rate quality.
3. Amino Acid Profile: Each protein source has its own unique amino acid profile.
4. Biological Value (BV): Derived from the amount of nitrogen absorbed over the amount of nitrogen incorporated into the body. Helps determine the amount of protein absorbed from different protein sources.
5. Net Protein Utilization (NPU): is used to determine the ideal amount of essential amino acids.
Dymatize observed that no single existing protein source was ideal for achieving extended release anabolic effects. The optimal source was found to be a blend of several different protein sources, plus the addition of free form branched chain amino acids and other free form amino acids. Milk derived proteins, such as micellar casein and whey protein concentrates, as well as egg albumin and soy protein, which are perfect score holders on the PDCAAS scale, form the base of ELITE XT.
ELITE XT is further enhanced by the addition of Nutrateric®, a revolutionary coating system. This Extended Release Protein Technology allows the specific material it coats to release a particular pH range. In fact, with this coating process, the resulting digestion can take more than twice as long as other forms of non-coated protein, further enhancing the extended release capacity of Dymatize ELITE XT.
We added the advanced enzyme matrix Zytrix® to help aid the efficiency of the absorption of protein and other nutrients found in ELITE XT. Lastly, there is an added lipid blend that is specifically designed to help promote a longer absorption rate of the proteins by creating a complete anabolic, nitrogen rich environment which is sustained in the body for an extended period of time.